Monday, April 22, 2013

The 60-60-60 Challenge :: Day Twenty-two

The 60-60-60 Challenge to support America SCORES Seattle and celebrate National Poetry Month continues! 

Below are some resources to help you reach your goal of giving your Full 180 to America SCORES Seattle by taking the 60-60-60 Challenge to read 60 poems for National Poetry Month, to walk 60 miles for yourself, and to raise 60 dollars for America SCORES Seattle!

Start fundraising now by joining our team on crowdrise :: Seattle SCORES' Full 180 

Today's poems were written by poet-athletes in the SCORES program at Maple Elementary during our 2011 Fall Season.

Wind/Leaf
by Jenny W.

Wind: I pull you off the tree in Autumn
Leaf: I keep you clean and clear
Wind: You come in many colors and I don’t
Leaf: Well, it doesn’t matter because you help the earth. You travel more than me.
Wind: True
Leaf: But together we help the planet earth.
Wind: Swoosh!
Leaf: I am now out of the tree!

Hot & Cold
By Tya N.

Cold: I can freeze you
Hot: I can burn that freeze

Cold: I’m best with lemonade at summer
Hot: I’m best with hot chocolate in the winter

Cold: I’m cooler than you
Hot: but I’m hotter than you

Cold: I can cover you in show
Hot: I can snow and turn it to heat

Hot: Miami heat loves me. They put heat in their name and sweat
Cold: Santa Claus loves me
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer loves me too

Hot: Heaters are my followers
Cold: AC and fans are my followers

Hot: I’m so hot that the AC will make me warmer
Cold: Well if you want to go throw me (SLAP)

Hot: I can just sizzle you and you’ll get hot
Cold: In your ice dream hot and cold cat fight

Hot: I’m tired of this nonsense
Cold: Me too

Warm: BFF like forever.

Angels and Demons
by Taylor Corrine B.

Angel: I’m nice.
Demon: I bring up the fire.
Angel: I can put it down.

Demon: I am awesome at making mischief.
Angel: That is just plain rude.

Demon: Da, da, da, da. I’m not listening.
Angel: Pay attention!
Demon: Why should I?

Angel: We shall fight.
Demon: I’m shocked!

Angel: Singing powers....
Demon: Ah, my ears, it burns.
Angel: Perfect!
Demon: I feel so cuddly inside.
(BOOM!)
I’m an angel.

Day & Night
By Jenna P. & Priscilla C.

Day: I bring the sunshine.
Night: I bring the cold.

Day: You can stay up during the day.
Night: You can rest at night.
Day: I can take a nap.
Night: The moon comes out.

Day: You can play sports during the day.
Night: You can go out and party at night.

Day: Pandas and animals play at the zoo.
Night: Owls and bats come out at night.

Day: But, during the day you do not have to do homework.
Night: You can go to a late night movie and you do not have to go to school.

Day: You can call your friends longer during the day.
Night: You can go trick or treat at night.

Day: Let’s be friends.
Night: We could have sleepovers.
Day: Or we could have play dates.

Night: Well, we could have popcorn.
Day: Or, we could have caramel apples.
Night: We will have both.
Day: OK.

Night: Good Night.
Day: Good Day!

Today's video features SCORES Support Robyn S. reciting the poem "Invictus" by William Ernest Henley:



Hike/Walk Resource
Why not check out the hikes around Cougar Mountain Regional Wildland Park, like Wilderness Cliffs Trail (1 mile)?

---------------------

Join the Seattle SCORES' Full 180 team, and share with your friends and family.#Full180

No comments: