Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The 60-60-60 Challenge :: Day Fifteen and Sixteen

The 60-60-60 Challenge to support America SCORES Seattle and celebrate National Poetry Month continues! 

Below are some resources to help you reach your goal of giving your Full 180 to America SCORES Seattle by taking the 60-60-60 Challenge to read 60 poems for National Poetry Month, to walk 60 miles for yourself, and to raise 60 dollars for America SCORES Seattle!

Start fundraising now by joining our team on crowdrise :: Seattle SCORES' Full 180 

Today's video is a message of support from Seattle Sounders' Lamar Neagle:



Today’s poems are a selection from our first full Winter Season of Junior SCORES (K-2nd graders) at Dunlap Elementary:


Thunderbirds Rock!
We rock around the clock.
When we play soccer,
We play as a team.
It’s not that hard for us,
We do it as a team!
Dunlap Thunderbirds SCORES Rock!
-Thunderbirds SCORES team



I’m powerful when I play soccer.
I protect the ball when someone tries to take it
My heart pumps because I am running hard
The players on my team block the goal
Because we hustle and play good.
-Khalia



Soccer is my sport,
I play everywhere,
Even on the court.
I might be short,
But I still can play
My favorite sport.
-Shuayb

Teams and families are alike,
They help each other by getting along,
Like a choir singing a song,
They try to do nothing wrong.
-Jaliya

Friendship
Don’t just think about yourself,
Think about everyone else.
That’s called friendship.
Be very nice,
Make a lot of friends,
The fun never ends.
-Jaliya

There is a star
I am going to throw a candy bar at the star.
I am still hungry.
What the…?
What’s happening to the…
AHHHHH!
The star is eating my candy bar!
I am going to throw a candy bar.
-Brandyn

Flowers, flowers, flowers
Do you like flowers?
I love them, too!
Which one do you like?
Please tell me your favorite
And then I’ll tell you mine.
Do you like roses?
I love them, too!
Do you see flowers?
I see them, too!
Should we pick them?
I think that, too!
We should pick blossoms.
Yess we should!
Let’s go get them right now, or soon!
-Inthira

When I am on the soccer field,
I respect other players
And they respect me.
Whether we win or lose,
We have a blast.
We run to the goal to shoot and score.
When we score,
We let out a roar!
-Allen

Suggested Hike/Walk

Top 5 Best Walks in Seattle from The Chic Ecologist 

---------------------

Join the Seattle SCORES' Full 180 team, and share with your friends and family.#Full180

No comments: