Saturday, April 13, 2013

The 60-60-60 Challenge :: Day Thirteen

Welcome to Day Thirteen of the 60-60-60 Challenge to support America SCORES Seattle and celebrate National Poetry Month! 

Below are some poems and resources to help you reach your goal of giving your Full 180 to America SCORES Seattle by taking the 60-60-60 Challenge to read 60 poems for National Poetry Month, to walk 60 miles for yourself, and to raise 60 dollars for America SCORES Seattle!

Start fundraising now by joining our team on crowdrise :: Seattle SCORES' Full 180 

Today’s poems are a series of Today My Name Is poems written at Roxhill Elementary during our Fall 2011 season:

Today My Name is Freedom
by Brenda E.

Today my name is Freedom
I feel free.
I pretend that I was in the woods surrounded by trees.

Yesterday my name was Guilty
I heard that people were out of prison
I found a start that gave me hope.

Tomorrow my name will be beautiful
I will forget my name is guilty
I will remember my name is beautiful
because I am so beautiful.

Today My Name Is
by Sarah N.

Today I feel as sad and depressed
as a rainy day recess.
Everyone passes through me
as if everything is okay.
It’s an unknown sadness,
feeling unwanted.

Yesterday I felt as if I would outburst with joy.
An unexplainable feeling.

Tomorrow I’ll be like a rainbow.
Fair negative on  positive events.
I will forget about this bad day,
and focus on the future.
And i will remember every hope from today.


Today My Name Is Rain
by Jennifer C. H.

Today my name is rain.
I feel wet like the trees
I pretend I am the gray clouds that drop the rain.
Yesterday my name was wishing star
I heard the sky calling for me
I found myself stopping the rain.
Tomorrow my name will be sunny
I will forget all the dark days in real life
I will remember the joyful moments.  

Today My Name Is Sun
by Trevonna C.

Today my name is sun
I will bring joy and happiness to my friend and family.
Yesterday my name was rain.
I heard that it will be a storm.
Tomorrow my name will be Tosu
I will forget all of those bad things.

For today's video, we present a clip from yesterday's first game day for our Spring Season of the Dunlap Girls' Team sharing their team cheer:


Suggested Hike/Walk
Ravenna Park from N.E. 55th to Coner Park (and return) via Upper Loop (2 miles)

Join the Seattle SCORES' Full 180 team, and share with your friends and family.#Full180

No comments: