Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The 60-60-60 Challenge: Day Three

Welcome to Day Three of the 60-60-60 Challenge to support America SCORES Seattle and celebrate National Poetry Month! 

As promised, below are some poems and resources to help you reach your goal to give your Full 180 to America SCORES Seattle by taking the 60-60-60 Challenge to read 60 poems for National Poetry Month, to walk 60 miles for yourself, and to raise 60 dollars for America SCORES Seattle!

Today’s poems were written by our 2011 National Poetry Slam representatives, Anh and Alejandro.


Love Story
By Anh T., Maple Elementary

When I look at you,
You smile back like you always do.

You point at my shoe. 
It’s untied.
My face turns red,
And I don’t know why.

When we first met,
You were standing by a corvette.

You bought me some flowers.
You took me to the top of the Eiffel Tower.
But now I have to go take a shower.

When I go to bed, I dream of your face,
And plus of my untied shoelace.

When I borrow your glue,
You say yes.
When I needed your help,
You let me cheat off your test.

I saw you standing there with a heart-shaped chocolate.
I saw you have a picture but you put it in your pocket.

I think it was a picture of me,
And you look at it whenever you are free.

Your eyes are blue.
You came up to me and said I love you.

RING!!!

I woke up and I saw the ceiling.
That just broke my heart,
And broke my feelings.

Mom
By Anh T., Maple Elementary

You are my friend, my heart, my soul
You are the best friend that I know

You teach me how to do things right
You make the world bright at night

You taught me right from wrong
You were the one who showed me how to be strong

You told me to reach for Mars
I hope that I become the woman that you are

My Crush
By Alejandro C., Maple Elementary

When I wake up from bed
You’re always in my head

When I see you at school
You treat me like a fool

You’re my crush
When you walk by me, my hearts in a rush

When I gave you a flower
You crushed it with power

You left me in tears
That’s one of my worst fears

You’re so smart
You’re always in my heart

You’re so cute
You never make me puke

You’re so funny
I wish I could call you honey

You get 100% on your test
I know you’re the best

When I grow up, I want you to be mine
If you say no, I’m still fine

And today's video is from SCORES supporter and Maple Elementary School principal Pat Hunter


Suggested Hike/Walk
Carkeek Park: Eddie McAbee Entrance (NW 100th Place) to Carkeek Beach via Pipers Creek and Wetland Trails & Return
Mileage: 2.5

ABOUT CARKEEK PARK
This popular park offers extraordinary views of Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains. Explore the secrets of this northwest Seattle watershed, nine miles from downtown. Here, 220 acres of lush forest, meadows, wetlands, creeks, and beach are formed by the magic of water and time. Come take part in an education program, have a picnic, or get involved as a volunteer teacher or as part of an outdoor work party. Walk the Pipers Canyon Story Trail, play on the uniquely salmon themed play area, or touch time at the historic Piper Orchard.

Join the Seattle SCORES' Full 180 team, and share with your friends and family. #Full180

No comments: