Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Meet Our National Slam Poets Part 2!

With the National Slam approaching in under a month, it is time to get to know even more about our Seattle representatives, Maple Elementary 5th Graders Anh T. & Alejandro C.! Here are two short bios about the two incredibly talented poet-athletes:

Name: Anh T.
Tell me about your family. What makes your family unique? My family is cool and smart. If I didn't have them I wouldn't be here right now.
What are your hobbies and interests (sports, music, acting, etc.)? I like every kind of sport you can think of but I'm better playing soccer!
Tell me your favorite memory. (SCORES or otherwise) When my team scores!
Who inspires you and helps you? How? My family, teachers, and friends. They taught me everything I know.
How do you help other people? It depends what they need help with. If I see people who need help, I help them.
What do you hope to do in New York?
Have fun and eat BBQ ribs and steak!
Why do you love poetry? Poetry helps me improve my writing skills.
What is your FAVORITE:
Subject in school:
Physical Education or Art
Food or meal: Steak, BBQ ribs, sprite, and lobster
Book: Ellie McDoodle
Athlete: Adrian Peterson
Place to have fun or relax: Pool, Hotel, School, and SCORES!


Name:
Alejandro C.
Tell me about your family. What makes your family unique? They help me with everything, they support me. They always take me places I want to go.
What are your hobbies and interests (sports, music, acting, etc.)? I like soccer. I have played soccer for six years. My favorite music is hip-hop.
Tell me your favorite memory. (SCORES or otherwise) My favorite memory is when the SCORES boys won a soccer ball signed by Freddy Montero at the Poetry Slam!
Who inspires you and helps you? How? SCORES inspires me by teaching kids new skills and it makes me proud to be in SCORES.
How do you help other people? If they ask me a question, I will answer them.
What do you hope to do in New York? I hope I could see EVERYTHING in New York!
Why do you love poetry? I like poetry because it helps me express my feelings and I can make different kinds of poems.
What is your FAVORITE:

Subject in school:
Physical Education
Food or meal: Spaghetti & Meatballs
Book: George's Secret Key to the Universe
Athlete: Lionel Messi
Place to have fun or relax: On a soccer field!

No comments: