Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday Poem of the Week

Every Friday we will be showcasing our poem of the week. These poems will be original pieces from our SCORES poet-athletes!

POEM OF THE WEEK:

Trust
By: Linda Age: 8
Bailey Gatzert Elementary

When I trust
That all the rust
Mixed with the Dust
Will be enough

I care and share and trust
I must
That is the SCORES way

I trust the land of vanishing times
And the water that swells in a special rime

I trust the worlds of peace and love
The middle of the Universe
And the stars above

My teachers, coaches, poems
Things I trust

I believe in soccer
And also I must

I am free when I find my own path
Comes from my poems
Some about math

A mailman trusts her letters and a librarian believes in her books
Trust travels around me
I am all shook
Trust is me and in you

A tiny piece of paper spotted by me
When I pick it up I scribble what I trusted in
A poem of things I trusted in

My emotion is happy
Others are sad
But when they trust
They don’t feel so bad
Some are greedy
Others are kind
But all should trust
Even the blind

Beyond me lies the horizon
The things I believe in
The worlds of peace, compassion, love
Is SCORES
---

Now I know what you are thinking- This must be Langston Hughes or Walt Whitman... But no! It was written by Linda, a 3rd Grader from Bailey Gatzert Elementary! Way to go Linda!

No comments: