Monday, May 19, 2014
Jamboree and Community Service Showcase 2014
this year being graciously hosted by
Join 5 local elementary schools, at one great university to celebrate all of their hard work on the field and to highlight their Spring Season Community Service Projects and Poems!
We invite you to attend, cheer and be wowed at the showcase!
If you would like to volunteer there are many opportunities to help at JamCom2014!
Volunteers needed to help make
America SCORES Seattle 2014 Jamboree a success!
WHAT: Join 160 America SCORES students, along with their families and friends, for an annual soccer and community service celebration. SCORES poet-athletes will present the service projects they’ve been working on all spring, play soccer games, and have fun. This event is designed to celebrate community and serve as an end of the year appreciation for our students and coaches. Volunteers are needed to help make all aspects of the event a success.
· Referees (8 needed): Will be assigned to a field to referee a SCORES soccer games. Games are non-competitive so referees are not required to keep track of goals scored. Games are designed to teach our students commitment, leadership, teamwork and sportsmanship through soccer. We will train you and give you everything you need before the event. Stay to referee 4 games, 20 minutes each. (No referring experience needed).
· Gallery Chaperones (2 needed): Will help organize teams of students as they view Community Gallery, distribute and collect Gallery Walk Questionnaire.
· Bus Directors/Student Greeters & Food Distribution (5 needed): Greet teams, direct them to assembly area, assist with snack distribution for the team
· Set-up / Take-down: If available, all volunteers will help with set-up and take down.
· Go-Getters: Willing to fill in wherever they’re needed.
WHERE: Seattle University
901 12th Ave, Seattle, WA 98122
WHEN: Thursday, May 29, 2014
3:30 pm – 6:30 pm (3 hours)
WHO: Responsible, children-friendly individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of children.
DETAILS: To volunteer, please contact Sarah Peppers via email at firstname.lastname@example.org