Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The 60-60-60 Challenge: Day Nine

Welcome to Day Nine of the 60-60-60 Challenge to support America SCORES Seattle and celebrate National Poetry Month! 

As promised, below are some poems and resources to help you reach your goal to give your Full 180 to America SCORES Seattle by taking the 60-60-60 Challenge to read 60 poems for National Poetry Month, to walk 60 miles for yourself, and to raise 60 dollars for America SCORES Seattle!

Start fundraising now by joining our team on crowdrise :: Seattle SCORES' Full 180 

Today’s poems were written during our Fall 2011 season by teammates at Dunlap Elementary School:

Lock up your Meanness
By My V.

When you lock up your meanness
The sun rolls high through the wide sapphire sky
and the cloud makes a smile

When you lock up your meanness
Your dreams can come true
Like you wanna be the main event and full attention
like no person was before!

When you lock up your meanness
You set free a happy and joyful
Emotion in your heart

When you lock up your meanness
Your friends will always be there for you
and it feels like you’re in a heavenly spot light

When you lock up your meanness
It feels great like a garden had burst into life
with happiness and joy

That’s what happens
 when you lock up your meanness
And throw it away

I hear Music Inside of Me
By Samari A.

My name is Samari Ali.
I’m just beautiful me and that’s the price of beauty.
I hear slow and fast music in me.
I’m like light. I shine bright. I dance crazy. more Hip-Hop style
I’m sweet like skittles. And colorful too.
Skittles are colorful. That is true.
That’s why you’re pretty just the way you are.

Today's video is from Regina Rogers who reads the poem "The Man on the Bench" and invites you to join her in celebrating National Poetry Month by giving your Full 180 to America SCORES Seattle!



Suggested Hike/Walk
Mt Baker Park Trail: S McCellan St and Return (3/4 mile)

Join the Seattle SCORES' Full 180 team, and share with your friends and family.#Full180

No comments: